February 24, 2009

The Market in Baugé

Like every town in France, Baugé has a market. On Saturday morning we set out to have a stare. We didn't buy much, but we really took it all in.













Market Fashion:







Unabashedly, Xavier had a look around with the video camera. I would have been intimidated by all of those glares, but he is a Frenchie himself, I guess. Regardless, thanks to his documentation, we get an excellent view of what a Saturday morning market looks and sounds like in a small French village. I was just happy to be surrounded by all of those vegetables really.

6 comments:

Rosie said...

Almost like being there with you! Those veggies are beautiful! I noticed the people were difficult to understand? Par le vou fransay! Thanks for the pictures!

Jill said...

I think I'll leave my video camera at home when I come. I too would be intimidated by all the staring!

Jill said...

Oh yeah... and I've been a little worried about what to wear in France but it looks like my camo pants and plaid jacket will be just fine.

Julie said...

It makes me miss the farmer's market - what is the growing season like in France? Where are they getting those vegetables from - locally?

Emilie said...

totally jude. local. that is all there is here really.

jill, you've got it.

Mels said...

Emilie,
that is so cool,thanks for sharing,and I think that is cool. Your post above are fun to read too, about Bauge,thnaks love you
Mels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...