February 8, 2009

Emma



Here is lovely Emma. She graces my Parisian life - originally from Brighton, ~10 years in Italy, charming, sanguine, love her. It was her birthday celebration on Saturday evening. We had a crowd and pizza at a Da Pietro in the 6th. After a dinner full of loud interjections in Italian, French and English (in British, Irish and American form), the next table leaned over and said, I can't figure you all out - do you understand each other?

A few of us...


Davide is Emma's very engaging, funny and very Italian beau.


Derek is our x-English teaching colleague - wry and witty Irishman.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love the thought of someone overhearing the antics of the highly diverse origins of all participants and wondering how all could operate in such polyglot conditions. I love it. Love that my sister is doing that.

Jill said...

I love being in mixes of different and interesting people. Those mixes are pretty rare around here. Happy Birthday Emma!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...