September 15, 2009

Entertainment.



His name is Xavier. All sorts of entertainment. Merriment and chortling. On the other hand, anyone who knows us knows that we fight. Everyone fights. But we really fight. Two overbearing personalities. In lots of couples, there is usually one who will step aside at the critical moment. Unfortunately (or fortunately), not in our case. For months we kept a score card - tallying who won fights or little disputes and basking in our glory when our notches outnumbered the other's. Xavier has an inherent need to be right - because he is French, and me - perhaps because I'm my Dad's daughter. I tease Xavier and tell him that he is like a severe weather system - hurricanes and tornadoes, but also like the most balmy, sunny, glorious flashes. The intensity of the good measures that of the bad...

Sunshiny random moments.



A short alphabet and French vocab lesson with Mlle. Marguerite.

7 comments:

Xavier said...

While Frank Sinatra sings stormy weather,

the flies and spiders get along together...

Jill said...

I've missed out on all the tornadoes and hurricanes, perhaps fortunately, but I have indeed witnessed Xavier's balmy, sunny glory. It's very nice. Xavier has always been very good to me. He's most certainly fun to be around.

Anyone who knows you both could never say that your relationship was boring. I love you guys!

Isabelle said...

I know the book that Xavier and Marguerite are reading!
It's called Emilie...

Rosie said...

I love to read books with Marguerite! She teaches me French.
I also find Xavier very pleasing to be with. What is chortling?

Emilie said...

yes yes isabelle - emilie indeed. i love emilie and her hérisson arthur...

Michelle said...

Vive la difference! If you are ever short of 'entertainment' (I realise this is an impossibility) and if you can get your hands on it, I recommend a book called "The Secret Life of France" L.Wadham. It is a bit anglo-saxon and even 'prolo' in perspective but I think you will enjoy it......I read it recently and it made me think of your blog.....

Emilie said...

Thanks for the recommendation Michelle - I know of the book and have heard it is great...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...