December 18, 2009

The bench.

Xavier, the great, tickled us all pink. When other people say impossible, Xavier says no problem.

You see, this fall, Xavier and I bought an 8-foot long wooden bench. We didn't want to be bothered bringing it home knowing that we were going to be moving soon enough. We said we would be back for it, but we never were...until almost all of the things in our apartment were already in the truck and then we had an OH NO! WE FORGOT moment. So, Xavier zoomed off in the snow on his scooter (like an idiot) to retrieve the bench. How? you ask...

Like this:



I looked down from the balcony and saw his beaming face and his daffy act (he had come from the 19th arrondissement like this - he looked like an airplane looking for a landing strip).





In celebration we plunked the bench down right there in the middle of rue du Faubourg St. Martin and sat on it.

6 comments:

Jill said...

I thought April in Paris was beautiful, but I can see that December in Paris has it's charms as well. Beautiful post.

Xavier make a great airplane! Way to get that bench X!

Andrew said...

LOVE that bench, I want one! No, really, where can I get one?

Gina said...

Haha! This post and its pix made me laugh out loud!!! Doesn't look like we'll have a chance to get together before you head to NY! :( But let's keep in touch! Let me know when you're back here for a few days.

Rosie said...

The main question is -- Will the scooter be coming to NYC? Why not fly the scooter across the ocean? You could roost on the bench while X man pilots the scooter.

Thanks for sharing this entertaining moment.

See you soon.

Melanie said...

Thanks for sharing, and good luck with your move. I am so excited to see you soon, it is so much fun. Love and miss you

Suzanne said...

These photos spark my imagination. Wonderful and pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...