June 1, 2013

Geneva.



Geneva turned nice on me the second day. The sun shone and the Rhône shone with it.



I found the Orthodox church in Les Tranchées (a neighborhood that belies its namesake and features the swankiest villas in town).







I got really lucky and happened to be in Geneva for a certain Rachmaninov concert at Victoria Hall, featuring an incredible 28 year old Russian pianist (Alexander Gavrylyuk), Concerto 4, Variations on a theme of Paganini and Vocalise pour orchestre op. 34 no. 14. I sat here and could see the entire finger extravaganza.



But the best, of course, was when I got home to New York, walked in the door and little miss baby looked at me with wide eyes and an open mouth. And then said Mama and reached up her arms.

1 comment:

Jill said...

What a beautiful city...and a beautiful baby.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...