August 30, 2009

Photo.



Xavier gave me the most beautiful photo in large format. We know the photographer; her name is LouLou and she owns a Brocante (antique store - below) around the corner along the Canal St. Martin. She takes photos of the most delightful things and I walked into her store one day and found myself looking fiercely at this one of the mother and her two children on the beach. I loved the light and the shadows and the angelic baby in the middle. Their hands, their hair, the stones. Anyway, I showed Xavier her stuff on a walk one night and he was with me in seeing all of its splendor. So much so that he bought one. Ah, what a great gift.



Here it is.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Xavier, you're very thoughtful. What a great gift. The photo is very beautiful. I also like the idea of supporting the local artists.

morganne blair witchfield said...

This photo made me think of Sally Mann. Love the contrast in the photo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...