August 13, 2009

Librarie Alain Brieux

We uncovered the most perplexing and preternatural store on rue Jacob in St. Germain today. The Librairie Alain Brieux: Jean-Bernard Gillot - Sciences, Techniques, Medecine. (48 rue Jacob). Take a look.





My favorite finding were these portraits below. I read a great portrait of Picasso by one of his lovers, Françoise Gilot (Life with Picasso). In this book, she remembered that Picasso often said that 75% of the population resembled animals and 25% resembled plants. I loved this idea, because at a very young age my siblings and I would sit in church and name the animal at the pulpit. Sometimes a beaver, sometimes a hen, sometimes an eagle. Here, this 19th century artist owned the idea first.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...