March 6, 2014

One, two, three.



No need to convince Marguerite of Romy's magic...she is sold - look at that look in her eyes (growing up so beautifully!). So, I've been doing this thing lately with Colette - calling her and Romy 'my girls'. Now she repeats it when she sees Romy (pronouns are still a jumbled mess for Colette - "you" is "me" and she just says "my girls" on repeat for comfort) - another chant - I think it is a good sign. She is especially delighted when I hold both her and Romy and carry them together (doesn't last long). Of course there's no need to convince Colette of Marguerite's magic - the holding hands down the stairs variety.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That first picture with all three girls is the most fantastic thing I've ever seen. So funny (poor Colette). I really love how your writing is so honest - a lot of blogs go downhill once kids arrive on the scene, but your narratives are so refreshing. I love the posts in which you write.

jano-fred said...

Gros fou-rire quand j'ai découvert les trois sœurs. Ça n'a pas été sans me rappeler le regard de Thom sur Gab quand celle-ci était dans mes bras. Un regard de mitraillette, ni plus, ni moins. 15 jours après le retour de la maternité, sentant bien qu'elle s'incrustait, il lui en voulait d'être là, de s'interposer entre ses parents et lui. Jusqu'au jour où j'ai eu ce dialogue (surréaliste) avec lui : "Tu n'aimes pas ta petite sœur ? - "Si, j'aime Gabigelle" - Tu as le droit de ne pas l'aimer" - Elle m'a volé mon papa, elle m'a volé ma maman". Une réponse étonnante (il n'avait que 27 mois) mais salutaire : il n'a plus jamais posé ce regard assassin sur cette chose toue rose et vagissante. Sans devenir protecteur pour autant, bien entendu.
Je regrette presque de n'avoir pas fixé cette expression de pure jalousie.
Merci pour ce rappel grâce à cette photo des trois sœurs.

jano-fred said...

lire toute rose et vagissante

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...