August 14, 2015

Colette-isms du jour.



Entertainment galore – Colette at 3.5 years old.

Colette using powers at the park. Making a fist and then spreading her fingers out dramatically right in kids’ faces “Pewyoh!”
Uncle Stephen asked what kind of power she was using: “Stink power. Stinky all over.”

On a similar theme:
Marguerite: “She spit on me!”
Colette: “I was trying to make magic!"

Before going on a long car ride, I suggest a visit to the bathroom
Very angry expression/shouts back: “I already went pee-pee tomorrow!”

Me: “You’re my girl, Colette”
Colette: “ And you’re my grownup” (with a sort of condescending gaze, reassuring me)

Colette: “He’s got a teeny hat on his head”
(Pointing to a little boy with a kippah)

Colette to Xavier: “Papa, you are français, [pause] a lot.”

Xavier and Colette kicking a ball back and forth across the room.
Colette (motivating tone): “Good, papa! You are doing very well.”

After bath. Trying to negotiate hair combing.
Me: “It will be hard to comb your hair out tomorrow if we don’t comb it out now”
Colette: “Oh. Like a playmobil guy? Hair so hard like a helmet and it will turn black?”

Randomly: “I know that in my brain”

Me: “How did you sleep last night Colette?”
Colette: “Good. I didn’t got a reve.”

And when she does not appreciate what we are saying, "No comprendo" (with a good shoulder shrug)

2 comments:

Jill said...

I want to hang out with her.

Rosie said...

This just makes me smile! "Out of the mouths of babes..."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...