October 17, 2011

Blocks.



Stephen has done a project. His floor - painted cubes. I think he has always been a little preoccupied by them - I remember in 3rd grade when he would draw and shade them endlessly. They were quite good. Now, he has fashioned himself a stencil by which he has transformed his hard wood floor into a geometric kingdom come.











Stephen's little apartment in the West Village is transformed every time I go there. The classic cast of the doe and the hen preside over new foundlings all about. It is like Stephen's head: magical.









3 comments:

Tina said...

I was just talking to someone about this today. I did the same thing all my life, doodle geometric squares and on occasion circles. I read an interesting something pretty deep about that last night, hnnnn. But Stephen is not alone, please tell him I love the floor.

Jill said...

Okay, that floor is amazing. The patience that must have taken! Well done Mr. Stephen. Your apartment is a magical place.

snc said...

That is absolutely stunning. I love knowing that there are people with such a talent for beauty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...