January 10, 2009

While eating lunch...

Sitting at the table, I picked up my glass and drank 3/4 of the grapefruit juice.

Xavier said (back to an old theme), "You know, it is interesting. We can all drink and make a lot of noise, gulping, or very little noise. The lower class someone is, the louder the noise is."

Clearly, he has his ideas about me. I couldn't stop laughing and almost spurted the juice through my nose at him. Take that Marie-Antoinette.

And as an aside, what was her last name? (A question I was just assailed for asking. I sort of thought Antoinette was her last name until Xavier told me there is a dash between Marie and Antoinette).

6 comments:

Julie said...

Emilie - from my interactions in the kitchen it's obvious we have the same origins - both lower class. What to do? I guess just embrace it.

Jill said...

What do the French think of people who squirt juice out of their noses? If that's low class I want to be that!

Ya,what is her last name?

Laney said...

Marie Antoinette Josèphe Jeanne de Habsbourg-Lorraine (in French) or Maria Antonia Josepha Johanna von Habsburg-Lothringen (in German as she was born in Austria)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Antoinette

Emilie said...

Thanks Laney! Exactly.

Laney said...

Oh, and you can tell Xavier that there isn't a dash between Marie and Antoinette :) Her husband's name and her daughter's name both have dashes, but she doesn't :)

Emilie said...

bravo laney! good find. no dash for the record, mr. joly...(THANKS!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...