August 9, 2008

Joyce Takes Paris





Here she is: Miss Joyce. She told me (and these are her words directly), "I felt like a foreigner in the United States and I never recognized that sentiment until I came here. Paris has liberated me in all senses of the term (from Kate Chopin right up to Thoroughly Modern Millie). I feel French on some primal level."





Rebekah concurs.



At first, Julie felt concerned by her daughter's readiness to abandon the country of her birth. However, she was soon seduced by the streets of Paris herself and is warming to the idea of letting her daughter follow her dreams.



And even though we are her children, we are all stunned by my Mother's never-ending youth.



So, the first batch of Johnsons have arrived. Many more to come (8, to be precise).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...