June 20, 2009

Shops

I love shop fronts in Paris. I squeal like a piggy when I walk by and see all of their colors. Hearing me, the French people who pass by suck in the air a little quicker. But I still squeal. I took almost all of these photos in the 10th arrondissement, where I live.


A Brocante is an antique dealer.


Note the upside-own seahorse hanging on the wall above the shop. He is splendid.


The light and shadow and color.














Whimsical windows.


A baker's shop. I walked closer and the windows were full of tins, antique biscuit tins:














The walls of this shop are made of crushed coke cans.




La Galerie Vegetale is a contemporary art space full of a mixture of natural materials: flowers, plants, resin, trees, bird's nests. Yum.




Polka dots.



2 comments:

Melanie said...

Emilie,
Thanks for sharing about the shops you like to look at, it looks like you are having fun. I love you
love always
Mels

Jill said...

This was also one of my favorite things about Paris. So charming. I could just window shop all day. Great pictures Em.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...