June 12, 2009

Rabbit Hunting

I went out hunting today. For rabbits.



The random rabbit sighting on Blvd. Hausmann turns out to be a larger infestation than I had originally thought. At Printemps, the large department store, they are part of a huge art installation by Cracking Art Group, and it spans the whole department store. They are everywhere. Multiplying. In fact, after speaking to one of their caretakers, they are actually diminishing in numbers, as they are sold. Each is 1,800 euros. Fitting.







They were eveywhere. Popping up in all the most appropriate places.









I followed them all the way to the grand terrace on the 9th floor of the building, which I didn't know existed. It turns out to be an excellent place to sit on a bench and gaze out at the panorama of Paris. It also turns out to be totally free. See the view:









They were there too. Huddled in a mass. Red. Eiffel Tower and Sacré-Cœur backdrop for their rabbit gathering. So charming.





And in the windows on the street too. Watching. Let me know if you want to take add one of these babies to your collection.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I love the image of you following rabbits around Paris! Thanks for sharing...

Jill said...

I have images of Elmer Fudd running through my head as I'm reading through this post.

Also, I'm feeling a pain in my chest because I want to be with you looking at that view of Paris. Miss you Em!

Melanie said...

Looks like you found them and looks like you are having lots of fun. I miss you too Em
see you soon
love you
sorry they misspelled my name

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...