August 28, 2011

A lovely day.



Today was a really lovely day. It included a long game of Monopoly (French style - no Boardwalk or Park Place, instead Avenue des Champs-Élysée et Rue de la Paix), which I happened to win despite Xavier embezzling 100,000 French Francs at the start of the game (an act to which he confessed only after he had lost). Also, the best kind of cake - one with lots of cream from a French patisserie in a little French town. And, my socks were pretty much knocked right off when my mother-in-law gave me her engagement ring, which dates to the 18th century. This is a family piece and so while it is undeniably beautiful, more fundamentally, it is such a generous and symbolic gift.




His face when losing.

5 comments:

Maria Petrova said...

uau on all counts.

Xavier Joly said...

I offered some free advisory services to some people too...trying to redeem myself I guess.

Ming said...

You're right, it was a lovely day! The ring is beautiful!

kelly said...

that ring is stunning. Me and 600,000 other women share the exact same looking wedding ring. that's just a rough guesstimate.

Roseann said...

I think it was your Birthday? Otherwise why would the cake say 31 on it's candles?

Bon Anniversaire!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...