January 3, 2010

01/02/2010

Today's date is a palindrome.

My dad told me that today. He had read this article in the Seattle Times and it is the sort of thing he would notice anyway. Famous example: "Able was I ere I saw Elba". Reads the same backward or forward.

So, 01022010 or 01022010. (That is backwards and forwards).

I love stuff like that. Read the article and you'll see why it is exceptionally cool. You see, there were no dates that made palindromes between 1380 and 1999. Hence, this is a mighty special occurrence and luckily, our century is set to have a disproportionate number of these babies (12). Good things coming our way.
I can feel it.

Doppelgänger is of similar interest.

I think they say DNA strands are palindromes as well. Or something like that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I wanted to believe this too, but it all depends on the format you use dd.mm.yyyy, or mm.dd.yyyy, even dd.mm.yy ... so really there are a lot of palindrome dates really. Next palindrome for example would be the 1st of February 2010 : 01.02.2010 :)

Emilie said...

true true, but even with various date formats, palindromes are still rare...

janene said...

if you'd like a humorous slant on the topic, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nej4xJe4Tdg

(don't worry, it's just Weird Al singing his song, "Bob", which is composed completely of palindromes)

Anonymous said...

I love thinking about these sorts of things. Probably has something to do with my name being a palindrome - I'm Hannah :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...