October 1, 2008

Dogs Love Trucks (vehicles, really)



I am reckless on my bike. When I ride with Xavier, his voice - his stream of cautionary counsel makes me grind my teeth together - something I very rarely do. But he does have a point, and it must be nerve-wracking to watch the close encounters I invite with buses and scooters and other motorists. I think there is a part of my brain that hasn't morphed from its teenage state - I still believe there is no way I can die on my bike, or at all really.

While on my bike today, thanks to this pooch, I had a little cautionary advice to give myself. In the future, if I ever see this dog again - poking its mastodonic head out the window - gazing out at the streets in an aloof manner, but like they all still belonged to him - I vow to pull over immediately. I know what will happen if I do not. I fell off my bike laughing. I was in the middle of two lanes and it was not an ideal place to have a laughing fit (or to fall over while wearing a skirt). Regardless, I had the presence of mind to pull out my trusty camera to document him. Thank goodness for that red light.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love this dog!

Please be more careful on your bike girl! It would be a shame to die in France!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...