December 31, 2014

San Francisco to Carmel.



Xavier and I were fantasizing about places to go earlier this year. Romy is big enough now to be left behind and tagging on a trip over Christmas break seemed to make sense - thanks to my generous parents and siblings, with whom we could leave the babes. We considered Caribbean islands, we've covered some of those; Mexico - (hadn't done Baja together - still on the list); then Xavier suggested California. I was lukewarm about the idea to begin with. I'd been to San Diego and LA and California just didn't seem wild enough. I was dead wrong. Xavier's idea was brilliant: Coastal Route 1 from San Francisco to LA - spread out over 4 or 5 days. I was sold when I realized that meant Big Sur. Day 1 was San Francisco to Carmel - stopping at Muir Woods, Half Moon Bay, Santa Cruz and beaches along the way.

























No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...