July 11, 2010

A Day Off.



My job has been so intense that I go with the sun and watch it set while I am there (and the sun sets really late here in France). But, finally, a day to go to the beach! So so so so so so so glad. And since I am really good at talking to just about anyone (thanks for this gift, Mom), I find friends everywhere. These friends play chess on the beach. Lovely.



There are very famous beaches in Saint Tropez. Club 55, Nikki Beach, Plage de Pampelonne, but I won't mind if I never ever go to those places. I prefer wild beaches where people just barely spot the sand, not heavily populate it. I like wild water, where seaweed tickles your tummy as you breaststroke over the shallow parts. On these beaches, no one cleans the layers of seaweed that accumulate on the shore. So, dunes of seaweed flourish like crazy sculptures.









The light here is ridiculous.





6 comments:

TSL said...

I tell my husband I live vicariously through you and your journal here, and your photos. I am pretty much in one place doing one thing, so it is always a pleasure to see what you are up to. I am seriously curious about what it is you do that takes you here and yon, continued best wishes, and glad you have a moment to chill after a long day.

Rosie said...

When I read this entry, I literally felt like I was there at the beach with you! I could imagine the breeze and the way the sound of the waves relax and center me. I am glad you got to have some time off. It sounds like they are keeping you busy. I can't wait to talk and hear about everything. Thanks again for the tiny birthday shells! Love you and miss you.

Marnie said...

Yes the light is amazing.. and does the tide really get high enough to dump seeweed on top of those mounds? Incredible! I also think it's incredible that people wold drape such fabric over their pergola. It looks gorgeous but how would you keep it clean?! So many fascinating questions...

Emilie said...

I work for a very rich person, which provides me the opportunity to spend a summer in St. Tropez...lucky me.

D1Warbler said...

I'm afraid I would find it very hard to come home!

Maria Petrova said...

J'ADORE!
and yes i remember being struck by the light in aix aussi... especially streaming through trees... my all-time dream setting is a table under a tree in provence, like you had above.

oh and the seaweed!!! ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...