April 21, 2008

Spring in Paris





I took a walk in Jardin des Plantes today. I love poppies (les coquelicots) especially here - their vibrance in contrast with the gray looming sky. And then the cherry tree below, in full bloom - popping.

I spoke to my Grandpa Johnson on the phone this afternoon, who is not feeling very well. He asked me what I remembered about my Grandma (who died a few years ago). I told him that what I remember most about my Grandma is her love for small things. Her awe of squirrels, of the stems of flowers and of cardinals - their deep red color. I learned the way to look at these things from her.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Those poppies are gorg. I should post some of Indiana right now too because the magnolias are so beautiful and the tulips are coming up and our green grass is covered with the tiniest violets.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...